Why Linus believes keeping Linux fun is critical, the massive investment Fedora is about to make in video, and why we suspect Cloudflare's R2 service will make Amazon squirm.
Plus a low key update to the Raspberry Pi 4, and the changes in the new Docker Compose 2.0.Support Linux Action News
- Linus Torvalds on Community, Rust and Linux’s Longevity — The ceremony opened by acknowledging a special moment in time with a birthday cake ceremoniously delivered to Torvalds to mark Linux’s 30th anniversary, drawing a round of applause from the audience.
- Fedora To Focus On Driving New Linux Video Improvements Around PipeWire — The ceremony opened by acknowledging a special moment in time with a birthday cake ceremoniously delivered to Torvalds to mark Linux’s 30th anniversary, drawing a round of applause from the audience.
- PipeWire and fixing the Linux Video Capture stack | Christian F.K. Schaller
- Docker Compose 2.0
- docker - compose-switch
- Raspberry Pi 4 model Bs arriving with newer ‘C0’ stepping — The local Micro Center only had the 8 GB model in stock, so I went a little over budget and bought it. When I arrived home, I checked the board, and noticed a bit of a difference on the Broadcom SoC
- What’s In A Raspberry Pi Processor Update?
- Linode on Twitter — We’re rolling out ultra-fast, better-performing, and more reliable NVMe block storage across all 11 of our global data centers
- Ubuntu Community on Twitter — An experimental open-source/libre snap server and wrapper by @RudraSaraswat1 is ready with the name 'lol'. You can daily-drive it on most distributions which support snaps.
- Announcing Project Kebe
- Announcing Cloudflare R2 Storage: Object Storage, minus the egress fees — Cloudflare R2 Storage includes full S3 API compatibility, working with existing tools and applications as built.
- Sad Server Stories | LINUX Unplugged 425 — Sometimes things go wrong; this week, we admit we've got a problem.