Why we're disappointed in the CoreOS Container Linux transition, Mycroft goes troll hunting and the complicated story brewing at the GNU Project.
Plus, a few community fundraisers.Support Linux Action News
- End-of-life announcement for CoreOS Container Linux — We know this timeline is aggressive. We've tried to provide the longest possible migration period consistent with our ability to maintain the OS
- Glass Enterprise Edition 2 now available for developers
- Mycroft's Position on Patent Trolls — We are going to litigate every single patent suit to the fullest extent possible including appealing any adverse decisions all the way to the Supreme Court.
- GNU-FSF cooperation update — Our mutual aim is to work together as peers, while minimizing change in the practical aspects of this cooperation, so we can advance in our common free software mission.
- GNU-FSF cooperation update — Free Software Foundation — working together for free software
- The draft GNU Social Contract — I have been working with several other GNU Maintainers and volunteers to draft a GNU Social Contract which explains the key commitments we want from the GNU Project.
- GNU Social Contract DRAFT
- Jean Louis - Re: A GNU “social contract”?
- Proposals for the new GNU/FSF relationship
- Memorial Fund for Mark Greaves, PeppermintOS CEO — This is a tribute to Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec), Husband, Father, Peppermint CEO and distributor.
- AppCenter for Everyone — This campaign will fund a one-week in-person development sprint to develop and deliver on these key areas.