RHEL 8 is released, we report from the ground of the big announcement, Microsoft announces WSL 2 with a real Linux kernel at the core, and details on their new open source terminal.
Plus Alpine Linux Docker images shipped for 3 years with root accounts unlocked, and Google's new attempt to send updates directly to your phone.Support Linux Action News
- RHEL 8 released — Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 is the operating system redesigned for the hybrid cloud era and built to support the workloads and operations that stretch from enterprise datacenters to multiple public clouds.
- Considerations in adopting RHEL 8
- IBM's Red Hat acquisition moves forward — The Department of Justice has approved IBM's acquisition of Red Hat.
- WSL 2 using LTS source from Kernel.org
- Canonical announces support for Ubuntu on Windows Subsystem for Linux 2
- WSL 2 deep dive - YouTube
- All new Chromebooks will run Linux apps — Google has announced that all new Chromebook devices will be Linux ready.
- Project Mainline is Google’s new attempt to send security updates directly to your phone — Google will start delivering some Android security updates through the Play Store
- Alpine Linux Docker Images Shipped for 3 Years with Root Accounts Unlocked — This vulnerability appears to be the result of a regression introduced in December of 2015.
- Alpine Linux's response to CVE-2019-5021
- Gartner says 90% of blockchain supply chain initiatives will go nowhere — Research firm Gartner is unimpressed.
- The Friday Stream