Linux Action News 99
March 31st, 2019
About this Episode
Mozilla’s new Android app, Google wants you to adopt AMP for Email, and our reaction to LVFS joining the Linux Foundation.
Plus Debian's generous gift, Red Hat crosses the $3B mark, and the Open Source Awards are nigh!Support Linux Action News
- Firefox Lockbox comes to Android — Today, we are excited to bring Firefox Lockbox to Android users, a secure app that keeps people’s passwords with them wherever they go.
- AMP for email launched — Google today officially launched AMP for Email, its effort to turn emails from static documents into dynamic, web page-like experiences
- Register with Google to send dynamic emails
- Ubuntu 19.04 Beta is Now Available
- Ubuntu MATE 18.04 Beta 1 for Raspberry Pi
- Ubuntu Studio to Remain Officially Recognized Ubuntu Flavour — The release of Ubuntu Studio 19.04 will remain on-course. Beta is scheduled for March 28th, Release Candidate for April 11th, and Final Release scheduled for April 18th.
- Red Hat crosses $3B revenue mark — Red Hat recorded revenue of US$2.9 billion for the last fiscal year which ended in February 2018.
- LVFS joins Linux Foundation — The Linux Foundation welcomes the Linux Vendor Firmware Service (LVFS) as a new project.
- Handshake donates $300,000 USD to Debian — This significant financial contribution will help Debian to continue the hardware replacement plan designed by the Debian System Administrators, renewing servers and other hardware components and thus making the development and community infrastructure of the Project more reliable.
- UK Open Source Awards 2019 — The Awards Event will be The Informatics Forum of the University of Edinburgh and will take place on Wednesday 12 June 2019.