Linux Action News 284
March 16th, 2023
16 mins 57 secs
About this Episode
Docker's open-source crackdown, the Wayland regression solved this week, and why ipmitool's repo has been locked.Support Linux Action News
- Kali 2023.1 — Today we are releasing Kali 2023.1 (and on our 10th anniversary)!
- Get Kali | Kali Linux Download
- Kali Linux Introduces “Kali Purple” for Defensive Security Hardening
- Qubes OS 4.1.2 — We’re pleased to announce the stable release of Qubes 4.1.2!
- Wayland Crash Survivor — A change merged to Qt this week can allow for Wayland clients to survive compositor restarts, such as when the compositor crashes.
- OpenMoon Ray Code Goes Live — MoonRay is DreamWorks’ open-source, award-winning, state-of-the-art production MCRT renderer.
- ipmitool Repository Archived — Those navigating to ipmitool/ipmitool on GitHub as the official repository for this project will find that it's now in a "public archive" state.
- Docker is deleting Open Source organisations - what you need to know
- Justin Cormack on Twitter — when we remove accounts we do not free up the namespace so squatting is not possible.
- Some nuance for paid users
- GHCR was having some issues this morning it seems
- Red Hat’s Quay is maybe another option, they might offer free plans? public repos are free anyway
- José Valimon Twitter
- Deploy a registry server — This page contains information about hosting your own registry using the open source Docker Registry.