Linux Action News 245
June 16th, 2022
17 mins 28 secs
About this Episode
We get the details behind Thunderbird acquiring K-9 Mail, share the best new features of Plasma 5.25, check-in on Ubuntu's RISC-V development status, and discuss Photoshop coming to Linux via the web.Support Linux Action News
- K9 mail to become Thunderbird on Android — Ultimately, K-9 Mail will transform into Thunderbird on Android.
- K-9 Mail – Open Source Email App for Android
- K-9 Mail joins the Thunderbird family
- Frequently Asked Questions: Thunderbird Mobile and K-9 Mail
- Ubuntu Working To Provide Good Support For The VisionFive Low-Cost RISC-V Board — The Starfive VisionFive is a currently $179 USD RISC-V board that is intended to run full-blown RISC-V Linux distributions.
- Fedora 37 Looks To Boost Its Cloud Posture As An Official Edition — Approved by the Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee this week is returning Fedora Cloud base to be listed as an official Fedora edition.
- Plasma 5.25 - Released — Plasma 5.25 brings new features and concepts to the desktop environment.
- 5 Neat New Features in KDE Plasma 5.25, Released Today
- Ventoy 1.0.76 — Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files.
- Super UEFIinSecureBoot Disk: Boot any OS or .efi file without disabling UEFI Secure Boot
- Adobe Plans To Make Photoshop on the Web Free To Everyone — The company is now testing the free version in Canada, where users are able to access Photoshop on the web through a free Adobe account. Adobe describes the service as “freemium” and eventually plans to gate off some features that will be exclusive to paying subscribers. Enough tools will be freely available to perform what Adobe considers to be Photoshop’s core functions.
- Photopea | Online Photo Editor