Linux Action News 238
April 28th, 2022
20 mins 22 secs
About this Episode
Pop_OS! 22.04 has a surprise you might not have noticed, we get the details on Ubuntu’s new Real-Time kernel, and the clever idea from the Framework laptop team.Support Linux Action News
- Pop!_OS 22.04 by System76 — Pop!_OS is designed for fast navigation, easy workspace organization, and fluid, convenient workflow. Your operating system should encourage discovery, not obstruct it.
- System Updater Nix Support
- Pop System Updater
- Ubuntu Outlines How To Use Its Real-Time Kernel Beta - It Requires Ubuntu Advantage — The RT kernel for x86_64 and AArch64 is tailored to meet the low latency needs and other guarantees for the teclo industry, robotics, critical infrastructure, and other industries.
- Concerns Raised Over The “New” NTFS Linux Driver That Merged Last Year — Less than one year later, concerns have been raised that the driver is already effectively orphaned and not being maintained.
- Steam Deck Client and OS Updates — Today's update includes Steam, OS, and firmware updates, and may take a few minutes to apply after restarting. Please be patient while your Steam Deck updates.
- Order Email Megathread (04/14/2022) : SteamDeck
- Proton 7.0-2 Out — . Proton 7.0-2 is the new main stable version, not to be confused with Proton Experimental that was also updated recently.
- Element Introduces Threads in Beta — Threads help you separate conversations from the main timeline. Starting a new Thread opens the thread view where you can continue your conversations without interruption from other messages or topics pinging through in the timeline.
- Linux Action News Feedback - Matrix Channel — A place to provide real-time feedback on the show, stories, and more.
- Framework Mainboard Availability and Open Source Release — The Framework Laptop Mainboard is now available in the Framework Marketplace 69. You can order one today in the US and Canada with newly reduced pricing.
- Framework Mainboards
- Framework Mainboar Developer Giveaway Program — To accelerate the ecosystem of projects using Framework Laptop Mainboards, we’re giving away 100 i5-1135G7 Mainboards for free to creators and developers!