A RISC-V development PC is in the works, we have the details and try to set expectations.
Plus what's new in Fedora 33, and an important youtube-dl update.Support Linux Action News
- Fedora 33 is officially here! - Fedora Magazine — Fedora Workstation now uses BTRFS as the default filesystem.
- Fedora 33 Review: What’s New and How to Upgrade | FOSS Linux
- AWS Marketplace: Fedora 33 Cloud Base Images (x86_64) HVM
- Fedora IoT To Be Promoted To An Official Edition With Fedora 33 - Phoronix — Fedora IoT relies on RPM-OSTree for offering atomic updates and focuses on container-based workloads.
- Fedora IoT
- SiFive unveils plan for Linux PCs with RISC-V processors | VentureBeat — Developers can use the boards to test code for real-time operating systems, custom Linux distributions, compilers, libraries, and applications.
- The Heart of RISC-V Development is Unmatched - SiFive
- SiFive Is Launching The Most Compelling RISC-V Development Board Yet - Phoronix
- Check out their Chip Configurator
- James Prior from SiFive on Wendell’s show
- Codeplay joins the RISC-V foundation - SemiAccurate
- New installation options coming for Ubuntu on WSL | Ubuntu — Beginning in Windows 10 Insiders Preview build 20246 users can enable a complete WSL experience with simply: wsl.exe --install.
- Asking Microsoft to resign from the RIAA over youtube-dl takedown demand - Conservancy Blog - Software Freedom Conservancy — We call on Microsoft to resign from the RIAA and remove their conflict of interest in this matter. This is an important opportunity for Microsoft to stand up for the values of software freedom.
- RIAA Obtains Subpoenas Targeting 40 YouTube-Ripping Platforms & Pirate Sites * TorrentFreak
- Tzlil on Twitter — So the CEO of GitHub popped in #youtube-dl a few hours ago, looks like they are trying to get youtube-dl back, I hope this works out.
- New youtube-dl release: v2020.11.01.1